Acquisitions Editor, Baker Books (Michigan office)
Position Type: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
About this position:
Baker Publishing Group is seeking an Acquisitions Editor for the Baker Books division. The person in this position will report to the Editorial Director and will be responsible for acquiring significant nonfiction publishing projects that serve the evangelical Christian community. Characteristic activities include building and maintaining relationships with key authors and literary agents, attending conferences, evaluating and shaping book proposals and manuscripts, generating new book concepts, and working cooperatively with editorial, marketing, and sales colleagues for maximum effectiveness. Travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years of book publishing, developmental editing, and acquisitions experience preferred
- Solid familiarity with the Bible
- Strong knowledge of the Christian book industry
- Proven ability to identify market trends, felt needs of readers, and successful publishing projects
- Diverse network of author and agent contacts; proven ability to network effectively
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full-time position, benefits provided include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k), and others.
Send cover letter and resume as email attachments to jobopenings@BakerPublishingGroup.com, including the words “Acquisitions Editor, Baker Books” in the subject line. Application deadline is May 25, 2018.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.