Position: Marketing/Publicity Assistant, Bethany House Fiction
Position Type: Regular Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Marketing, Fiction
Location: Bethany House Publishers
11400 Hampshire Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55438
Assist the Director of Marketing with Bethany House fiction marketing and publicity efforts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Marketing with ad traffic coordination, ad performance analysis, and invoice processing
- Assist the Director of Marketing with various miscellaneous giveaway and book club mailings
- Assist the Senior Publicist with various media and blogger mailings, including ARC and galley creation
- Assist the Senior Publicist with coordination and production of author item requests and other special marketing materials
- Maintain marketing library for both fiction and non-fiction teams
- Help maintain database integrity for ad design requests and marketing budget reviews
Other Tasks - as Assigned by Management:
- Participate in brainstorming and marketing planning meetings
- Attend sales conference 3 times a year
- Research new advertising opportunities
- Take notes at meetings and send to proper individuals for follow up
- Draft marketing and publicity documents for authors
- Handle tear sheet and blogger book mailings to authors
- Maintain master mailing list spreadsheets for roughly 50 titles a year
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- Ability to handle physicality of job, including moving 40+lb boxes regularly
- Deadline oriented
- Works well in a team environment
- Attention to detail in communications, data, and scheduling
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Power Point
- Proven record of attention to detail, organization, and planning
- Previous experience with FileMaker Pro databases is a plus
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Experience with Google AdWords and/or Facebook advertising platform is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full-time position, benefits provided include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k), and others.
Send cover letter and resume as email attachments to email@example.com, including the words "Marketing Assistant" in the subject line. Alternately, mail these materials to the attention of "HR-Receptionist" at the address above. Application deadline is October 26, 2017.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.