Publicist, Revell and Baker Books (Ada, Michigan)
Baker Publishing Group is accepting applications for the position of Publicist, Revell and Baker Books. In cooperation with in-house colleagues and authors, the person in this position will develop and execute creative publicity plans for assigned Revell and/or Baker Book titles. Characteristic activities include writing compelling press letters and pitch letters for a diverse list of titles, as well as delivering excellent author care, developing and maintaining relationships with media contacts, building media lists and organizing mailings, and securing media and scheduling interviews for each book at the time of release.
• Three or more years of relevant publicity experience preferred
• Experience with securing national, print, and online media including podcasts and blogs
• Proven organizational abilities, follow-through, project management skills and able to work with tight deadlines
• Ability to work effectively on many projects at one time
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate to the internal team, agents, authors and media
• Travel as needed for select author appearances and appropriate conventions, trade shows, and media trips
• Conversant in issues of evangelical Christianity and subject matters routinely addressed by Revell and Baker Books authors, including marriage, relationships, self-help, personal growth, memoirs, biographies Christian living, and related topics
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full time position, benefits provided include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) after three months, and others.
For more information or to apply, email jobopenings@BakerPublishingGroup.com. Provide your resume and cover letter as attachments, and include the words “Revell and Baker Books Publicist” in the subject line of your message. Or mail these materials to Baker Publishing Group, 6030 E Fulton, Ada, MI 49301.
Baker Publishing Group publishes high-quality writings that represent historic Christianity and serve the diverse interests and concerns of evangelical readers. Founded in 1939, today Baker Publishing Group is composed of six divisions, each reflecting a unique segment of Christian publishing. These divisions are Bethany House Publishers, Revell, Baker Books, Baker Academic, Chosen Books, and Brazos Press. Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Baker Publishing Group is one of the world's largest publishers of Christian books. For more information, please visit www.bakerpublishinggroup.com.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.