Development Director for Theological Book Network
Please note: this position is at Theological Book Network, not Baker Publishing Group.
Dynamic international non-profit seeks Development Director. This position is responsible for the oversight of all annual fund, major gift, and planned giving activities and includes identifying, researching and securing funds available through individuals, foundations, and businesses and the oversight of development staff and volunteers and processes. Qualified candidates will have proven success in multiple aspects of development and the ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment. Prefer a minimum of five to seven years fundraising experience.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Work collaboratively with the Board, CEO, COO and Resource Development teams to determine annual and long-term resource development objectives. Create and manage strategic and detailed plans that meet annual and long-term resource development objectives.
- Recruit and renew donor development committee and event committee members and ensure they have appropriate tools, training and support to be effective and efficient in their work on the organization’s behalf.
- Create and provide monthly reports to management on resource development activities and status.
- Work collaboratively with the database manager to ensure effective utilization of the donor database, including the efficiency of newsletters, appeals and acknowledgment letters and the creation of accurate reports.
- Oversee the newsletter, social media, website, direct mail process and communication calendar to ensure best practices are being met or exceeded.
- Oversee all aspects of the fundraising events. Oversee creation of all goals and the annual review of how all events work into the overall development plan and strategy.
- Carry a case load of major donors and actively participate in their recruitment, renewal, and cultivation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous experience within a Fund Development setting of a non-profit organization.
- Strong ability to communicate, both written and verbally, about the organization and its mission.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a resource development team.
- Ability to interact with all levels of constituents including board, donors, community leaders.
- Required skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, email, and general internet functions.
- Comfort with Social Media and GiftWorks donor database preferred.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Development Director Position
Mail: Theological Book Network, Attn: Justin Holford, 3529 Patterson Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512
To see the full job description, please visit: http://www.theologicalbooknetwork.org/open-positions/