Publicist, Revell and Baker Books
Baker Publishing Group is accepting applications for the position of Publicist, Revell and Baker Books. In cooperation with in-house colleagues and authors, the person in this position will develop and execute creative publicity plans for assigned Revell and/or Baker Book titles. Characteristic activities include writing compelling press letters and pitch letters for a diverse list of titles, as well as delivering excellent author care, developing and maintaining relationships with media contacts, building media lists and organizing mailings, and securing media and scheduling interviews for each book at the time of release.
- Three or more years of relevant publicity experience preferred
- Experience with securing national, print, and online media including podcasts and blogs
- Proven organizational abilities, follow-through, project management skills and able to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively on many projects at one time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate to the internal team, agents, authors and media
- Travel as needed for select author appearances and appropriate conventions, trade shows, and media trips
- Conversant in issues and topics of evangelical Christianity and subject matters routinely addressed by Revell and Baker Books authors, including marriage, relationships, self-help, personal growth, memoirs, biographies, Christian living, and related topics
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full time position, benefits provided include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) after three months, and others.
Send cover letter and resume as email attachments to jobopenings@BakerPublishingGroup.com, including the words “Revell and Baker Books Publicist” in the subject line. Alternately, mail these materials to the attention of “Human Resources/Revell and Baker Books Publicist” at Baker Publishing Group, 6030 E Fulton Rd, Ada, MI 49301.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.