Publicist (Michigan office, full-time)
About this position:
This position is responsible for securing publicity for assigned authors and publications through strategic print, broadcast, online, and/or social media channels.
- Plan and implement media campaigns for assigned authors in coordination with authors and in-house staff
- Write and edit press releases, suggested interview questions, author bios, and other materials
- Develop media lists using Cision media database, identifying new opportunities for coverage with corresponding outlets
- Develop and maintain key media relationships across trade, general market and consumer media
- Manage incoming publicity requests, including review copy requests and media inquiries
- Coordinate with colleagues on production of advance reader copies of typeset manuscripts for media use and with other staff for posting electronic ARCs to Netgalley
- Track recent and upcoming media coverage for reporting to our sales and editorial teams
- Schedule author interviews
- Coordinate with permissions department on excerpt requests to secure permissions and provide text files of excerpts to outlets by email
- Travel as needed for select author appearances and appropriate conventions, trade shows, and media trips
- Coordinate posting of news items, reviews, contests, and events regularly on corporate website and social media
- BA degree with coursework in pertinent fields such as public relations, marketing, communications, and religion
- Conversant in issues of evangelical Christianity and subject matters routinely addressed by assigned authors
- At least two years’ pertinent professional experience, familiarity with Christian publishing and media channels preferred
- Understanding of promotional methods utilizing blog and social media outlets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound professional judgment
- Strong organizational, follow-up, and project management skills
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full time position, benefits provided include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) after three months, and others.
Apply here. Please follow the link to create an account and apply. This process works best in Internet Explorer.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.