Nonfiction Editor, Trade (Michigan office, full-time)
About this position:
Baker Publishing Group is currently accepting applications for a full-time in-house nonfiction editor in the trade department. The trade department produces books in a wide variety of categories, including spirituality, biblical studies, cultural critique, ministry resources, apologetics, youth, devotional, self-help, relationships, marriage, and parenting.
- Editing or managing the editing of assigned titles
- Corresponding with authors
- Combining author and proofreader corrections
- Reviewing cover and catalog copy
- BA in English or other related majors, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of book-editing experience
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style, 17th ed.
- Excellent copyediting, grammar, and spelling skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Some training in theology and/or biblical studies preferred
- Personal characteristics should include an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and the ability to work well with others
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) after three months, and others.
Send cover letter and resume as email attachments to jobopenings@BakerPublishingGroup.com, including the words “Nonfiction Editor” in the subject line. Alternately, mail these materials to the attention of “Human Resources/Nonfiction Editor” to Baker Publishing Group, 6030 E. Fulton Rd, Ada, MI 49301.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.