Acquisitions Assistant, Baker Books (Michigan office, full-time)
About this position:
Baker Publishing Group is accepting applications for a full-time Acquisitions Assistant for the Baker Books publishing division. This position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Baker Books team throughout the various stages of acquiring, processing, and publishing books.
- Provide administrative support for the editorial director and acquisitions editors
- Prepare materials for acquisitions, pub board, and other meetings
- Assist with manuscript processing and project handoffs
- Track and report acquisitions data and product information using various databases and reports
- Correspond with agents, authors, and project contributors
- Manage special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent knowledge or a pertinent field such as business, communications, or English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience with database program such as FileMaker Pro preferred
- Outstanding organizational, follow-up, and communication skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full-time position, benefits provided include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) after three months, and others.
Send cover letter and resume as email attachments to jobopenings@BakerPublishingGroup.com, including the words “Acquisitions Assistant” in the subject line. Alternatively, mail these materials to the attention of “Human Resources” at the above address.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.