Contracts Assistant, Contracts and Subsidiary Rights (Michigan office, full time)
About this position:
Baker Publishing Group seeks an administrative assistant to work closely with and provide support to the Contracts Manager. This position will assist in all aspects of contracts administration. This is a great opportunity to learn about contracts and contract management as part of a publishing company.
- Provide administrative support to the Contract Manager.
- Draft, process, and track publishing contracts and related documents.
- File contracts and associated documentation both digitally and physically.
- Request advance payments.
- Interpret contractual provisions to provide information to internal departments.
- Register titles for US Copyright and Library of Congress.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Six to eight years of work experience preferred
- Legal or publishing experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full-time position, benefits include health, dental, group life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) after three months, and others.
Send cover letter and resume as email attachments to jobopenings@BakerPublishingGroup.com, including the words “Contracts Assistant” in the subject line. Alternately, mail these materials to the attention of “Human Resources” at Baker Publishing Group, 6030 E Fulton, Ada, MI 49301.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.