At Baker Academic’s Textbook eSources for Encountering the New Testament, 3rd ed., you will find a number of items designed to supplement your New Testament course.
Teaching Aids For each chapter in Encountering the New Testament, this website provides
- a set of discussion questions,
- assignment ideas and class activities,
- and a PowerPoint outline.
These are organized by chapter. PowerPoint files can downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank Click here to request an instructor’s manual for Encountering the New Testament.
The instructor’s manual lists the key terms, people and places along with chapter objectives, summaries, and study questions from the textbook. It also includes the discussion questions and assignment ideas from the website as well as a fill-in-the-blank quiz bank based on the student’s multiple-choice self-quizzes.
Student Study Aids Finally, you may want to peruse the materials we have designed for students. These materials include flash cards, self-quizzes, introductory videos from Robert W. Yarbrough as well as the chapter objectives, summaries, study questions, and maps from the textbook. Students can also download flash cards to their mobile devices. Click on “Students” in the top right corner.
All materials on this site are copyright © 2015 Baker Publishing Group. All rights reserved. You are hereby granted permission to use these materials in handouts, course packs, and onscreen presentations in individual educational or ministry settings. For all other uses, please contact permissions@BakerAcademic.com.
Explore by Chapter
- 1. Why Study the New Testament?
- 2. The Middle East in the Days of Jesus
- 3. The Gospel and the Four Gospels
- 4. The Gospel of Matthew
- 5. The Gospel of Mark
- 6. The Gospel of Luke
- 7. The Gospel of John
- 8. Man from Galilee
- 9. Lord, Teach Us
- 10. Modern Approaches to the New Testament
- 11. The Modern Study of the Gospels
- 12. The Modern Search for Jesus
- 13. The World and Identity of the Earliest Church
- 14. Acts 1–7
- 15. Acts 8–12
- 16. Acts 13–28
- 17. All Things to All People
- 18. Romans
- 19. Corinthians and Galatians
- 20. Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, and Philemon
- 21. Thessalonians, Timothy, and Titus
- 22. Hebrews and James
- 23. Peter, John, and Jude
- 24. Revelation
- 25. Epilogue
Explore by Theme
There are no eSources for the themes of this book